Cellulite is more prevalent in women than men
and is something most women deal with,
even those who do not have a weight problem!
I know, she’s perfect. Nevermind, we love ourselves as we are right? Don’t let this get you down if you have a long way to go. You are a beautiful human being no matter how much cellulite you have, right? Right. I will never look as good as her again. Why? Because I am too old and can’t afford multiple surgeries! But good health is worth the effort. A lot of this article will head you in the direction of good health and that’s important no matter what our age.
There is a scientific explanation for cellulite but to keep things easy I am focusing on what you need to do to get rid of cellulite. This list is not a guarantee of complete success because of your efforts and discipline in doing all of the things below to reduce cellulite will vary. But if you work hard and do everything regularly you will see an improvement, and if you work even harder you will see even more of an improvement.
I know people who were overweight by up to a 100 pounds and have firmed up all areas with cellulite to the point of not being able to see any cellulite and they were able to firm their upper arms or bat wings as people like to call them which is amazing to me. I need to get in the habit o!f eating better myself, and hopefully, we can all see results together.
Of course, if you have no weights to do strength training or no food you will not achieve this for free. You can get great results for free if you already have these things and can change your grocery list to include the foods listed below. Please don’t be upset with the items I picture in this post because I have them there as things that you may want to use eventually, but it’s not necessary to achieve results.
Our skin is made up of 3 layers, the epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis. 50% of body fat is stored in our hypodermis. This fat is what insulates our body and is stored to help contribute to energy levels. The problem of cellulite lies in the fact that there is no clear separation between the third layer of skin and the second layer (dermis). The fat stored in the hypodermis can move into the dermis and give the look of the dimpled skin of which we call cellulite.
There are proven ways to lower the cellulite that we see on our bodies, but it takes discipline, work, and excellent nutrition to see a difference. These are the three things I struggle with, but along with millions of people I will make a resolution for the new year to take better care of myself, physically and mentally, and this will include the things that have been proven to help diminish cellulite! The ways to lower cellulite work the best if all practices are done together. If you only do one of the suggestions below your results if any, will be diminished substantially if not completely. Are you up for the challenge?
- Exercise is an important part of losing cellulite. To help strengthen the layer of skin that contains the stored fat, we need to build muscle with strength training. Muscle provides the energy the body needs to burn fat which also will help lower cellulite. As we age our skin tends to lose the collagen that provides the elasticity in our skin. Losing elasticity allows more fat to push through to the dermis where we see the bumps in our skin. Exercise also helps to tighten the collagen fibers in our skin. Utube is a great place to find free strength training exercise demonstrations using weights, bands, or your body for resistant exercises.
- Eat foods containing “ antioxidants” to help retain collagen in your skin. These foods include foods high in vitamin c and bioflavonoids. Red Bell peppers, green peppers, strawberries, tropical fruits, spinach, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and teas are all high in bioflavonoids and/or vitamin c. These sources are best in their raw form, before cooking and are not canned or preserved.
- Eat More Green Foods to help eliminate end products of hormones(estrogen) which are stored in our fat cells and decrease fat burning in our bodies. We want to increase our bodies ability to burn fat, therefore reducing cellulite. Iceberg lettuce has very little nutrients, and you will do better with dark green leafy vegetables. One helpful thing you can do to make eating well easier is the $5 Meal Plan. If you join you will receive a meal plan and grocery list with it for every month (6 days a week). They offer plans for meals that only cost $5 to make, Paleo meals, 30 minute meals, vegetarian meals, and slow cooker meals.
- Lower stress which will help to lower the cortisol levels in our body. Cortisol decreases blood flow to our skin which lessens the ability to absorb the nutrients needed to counteract the effects of cortisol. Click here for 12 ways to reduce stress.
- Increase blood flows to the areas of your body that have cellulite. This activity will help to eliminate the fat storage that is protruding through the dermis layer of your skin along with the strength training that is tightening your muscles and contributing to burn fat. Blood flow can be increased with massage or foam rolling. There are different types of foam rollers and a few ways to do it.
- Take Collagen(a protein) supplements to increase skin elasticity and Glucosamine(a carbohydrate) for joint stability. These should only be used to supplement what you may not absorb in a diet rich in whole foods as listed above. Reminder – whole foods are found in the outer edges of the supermarket. There you will find foods in their all natural state without additives and preservatives.
All of these suggestions can be new habits that help us to feel and look our best. I don’t know if there is scientific evidence to support this, but I have found the following to work in my life. If I can do something regularly for 30 days, over time it will become a habit that will be easier and simpler to make myself do. If I do it regularly it becomes a lifestyle. If we are also Intentionally preparing a menu that includes the right food and planning ahead the right time to exercise every day you can’t help but succeed!
If you are concerned about cellulite you probably are interested in more articles on health and beauty. Here’s an informative website you would like plus an article on how to get rid of Gingivitis at live it beautiful.