Yes, it is possible to change your life by being a positive thinker!
The thinking skills I’m talking about aren’t about appearing like you are a positive person like the woman above. The positive thinking skills you need to form if you aren’t already using them will make you an authentic positive person! It may seem difficult at first, but it is not impossible.
Once you make positive thinking a habit, you will be amazed at where it will take you!
I challenge you to use these skills every time a negative thought enters your mind. You will be so glad you did!
Ten ways to be a positive thinker
1.When someone tells you that you did something wrong – First, you might think “how dare they say that to you,” or you might think “what is wrong with me that I keep messing up?” Instead, tell yourself that it is ok to make a mistake and that this is an opportunity to learn something!
2. When you make a mistake – Only think about what you need to change and do not allow yourself to say negative things to yourself like, “how could I be so stupid?” or “what was I thinking?”
3. When you offend somebody – You made a mistake, admit that, and tell yourself that you can try your best to fix it. Be aware of the other person’s side of things, and put yourself in their shoe’s. Apologize and move on without repeating the details of how you messed up over and over in your head.
4. When your plans don’t work out – Do not think you are a failure. That doesn’t mean that you as a person are a failure! Exchange the negative thoughts with, “this is how I can learn what I need to change,” or “I failed and will keep trying until I get it right.” Or you can think “many successful people failed many times until their plans worked out, so it’s still possible for me to make plans that are successful!”
5. When people laugh at you, and you don’t think it’s funny! You need to learn to laugh at yourself and be ok with who you are and be ok with not always being perfect! Think things like, “it’s not a bad thing to make people laugh.” Or “it’s ok because I have no idea what exactly those people were laughing at and it might not be what I think it is,” or, “it doesn’t matter what other people think, and I think I’m ok.” Developing self-love is something you need to do so you feel loved when nobody else is expressing acceptance or love.
Fight depression with positive thinking skills
6. When you are feeling down – Everyone has times where they feel sad. Ask yourself what you are thinking about or what is bothering you. Change your thoughts to thankfulness for all the things that are right in your life. Don’t compare yourself to others and learn to be convinced, no matter what the social media says, that you have value as a person and that you are ok with where you are at in your life. Think of small steps you can take to get to a happier place. Take a break, meditate, go for a walk..etc. Don’t let the thoughts of how you don’t measure up to somebody else play over and over in your mind.
7. When you feel unloved – Learn how to love yourself. Write down your good qualities and qualities you want to improve. Tell yourself you are unique and lovable. Remember that everyone will not always love you, and that’s normal. Take steps to change things in your life, so you have time to be around people who appreciate and love you.
8. When you are nervous and anxious socially – Determine what causes you to be afraid. Is it going to kill you? Is it your pride of feeling that not everyone is going to see you as perfect? Let go of the worries of what others think and be about doing the things you choose that make you happy. Let go of the need to be perfect.
9. When you are worried – Remember that you cannot control everything. Do your best and replace worrisome thoughts with positive hopes and dreams. Worry will paralyze you if you do not find something else to fill your mind.
10. When you are tired and still have six hours of work left. Work at not thinking about the time and remember how many times you accomplished this task before. You can do it again.
Being a positive thinker along with doing things to get your mind off negative thoughts will leave you happier and more energetic. Happy, active people tend to draw others towards them. Before you know it, you will have moved to a better place in your life where enjoying yourself and others will be the new standard in your life.